A friend of mine told me that you could replace rice with cauliflower and I thought to myself “that’s impossible” but sure enough he was right. It amazes me how creative we get when we are determined to living a healthy lifestyle.
Last night’s dinner had lots of vegetables because I decided to make a healthy taco without the rice, flour tortilla or meat.
Instead of meat I used beans. I also replaced rice with my new vegetable cauliflower recipe that is delicious. I used romaine lettuce instead of flour tortillas. And bam, this beauty came out. Yummy!
Check out my cauliflower recipe below:
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
1) First grate the cauliflower either on a box grater or in the food processor until it takes the rice form.
2) Put olive oil in the pan (enough to coat the bottom of the pan). When the oil is hot, add the cauliflower and add 1/3 cup of water to soften it. Add a little salt and pepper. Let it sit until the rice is soft.
3) Now add 2 cloves of garlic, 3 carrots shredded with box grater, 1/2 of a full onion, 1 bundle of scallion and a handful of cilantro. Sautéed everything on the pan with the cauliflower.
4) When your rice and vegetables are soft, add a little soy sauce until it turns the cauliflower brown. I use a soy sauce from trader joes called Islands. Let it sit for a few minutes and you’re all done.
5) Now you can eat this delicious meal with lettuce or romaine as a wrap or you can mix it with with a vegetable salad as a side dish.
Total prep time was approximately 25 minutes. This recipe is for a 3 plate serving.
Try this delicious recipe with your family tonight. You won’t regret it.
If you like this recipe, like and share it! Thank you for reading!
Sign Up To Get A Sneak Peak of My Ebook!
Enter your email to receive a sample of my ebook "How To Get Your Child Juicing in 21 Days" You & your child will be on your way to a healthier lifestyle.