This is what my Saturday morning looks like. My little boy and I spend time in the kitchen making a healthy breakfast and a delicious fruit and vegetable juice.
We experiment in the kitchen all while we bond over the rainbow.
Our favorite recipe for vegan pancakes, veggie salad, and a fruit/veggie juice is:
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of unbleached flour
2 tsp of flaxseeds
1 tsp of coconut sugar
1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of coconut flour
- Put the 2 bananas and blueberries in a bowl. Smash them with a fork.
- Then add the flour, flaxseeds, coconut sugar, almond milk, and coconut flour in the bowl with the smashed blueberries and bananas. Mix well until everything is blended well. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot. The blueberries will melt. Wait for each side to cook.
1 broccoli head
6 red and orange peppers
1/2 of onions
1 handful of cilantro
Garlic, turmeric and pink salt
- Cut the broccoli at the end of each stem until you only have the trunk left. Then, cut the peppers and onions in small pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients in a bowl and then add cilantro, 1/4 tsp of pink salt, 1 tsp of olive oil, and 1 tsp of garlic. Mix well.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Put in all of the veggies with seasoning for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
2 peeled oranges
2 peaches without pit
2 peeled cucumbers (if non-organic)
5 carrot sticks without ends
2 stems of kale
- Put all of the fruits and vegetables in a juicer
- Blend well and serve
Try these recipes with your kids. You will start their day with healthy foods that give them the vitamins, minerals and nutrients they need to stay active and avoid sicknesses.
Like, comment and share with other moms who would love to try these healthy recipes with their kids. Thank you for reading.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Get healthy recipes and tips straight to your inbox! Now is the time to get you and and your family on the healthy path. Our newsletter will motivate you to take action today!