It took me 28 years to learn what GMOs (genetically modified organisms) are doing to us and our children’s health.
As I was watching the film “Consumed”, I couldn’t help but to get angry at the thought that many families are eating GMO foods everyday and have no clue what it is and how to avoid it. I was one of those parents…I never did my research…I was too busy making a living that I never stopped for a second to evaluate the food our family was consuming.
Little did I know that the foods we were eating on a daily basis were being poisoned with chemicals and toxins that would kill us in due time. We never felt the need to question the Food Administration because “they have our best interest at heart” Why should we? Apparently I was wrong…Money is more important than our health to these GMO founders, corporations and even the Food Administration that is supposed to protect us and OUR CHILDREN…The future of this country.
If you don’t know anything about GMOs, its history, their founders, and how these modified foods are impacting our children’s health, you need to watch the documentary I watched this weekend! Check it out here. Don’t live blindfolded and clueless about how our foods are being produced in the USA.
- To learn how GMOs affect children’s health, go here.
- To learn which brands make their foods with GMOs, read these two articles:
- To learn how to transition away from GMO foods, go here.
If you’re thinking right now:
- We all have to die from something
- Well our parents lived 80-90 years of life and are healthy
- I don’t have time for this
- I can’t afford to eat healthy
- I don’t know what gmos is but I’ll learn about it eventually (when I have time)
No, no and no! That’s what I used to say to myself too. Until I realized that the only path my son was heading was one of a obese and sick person because being ignorant was going to keep him unhealthy. This is what I want you to know:
- You do have to die from something one day but not from these GMO linked diseases. You have a chance to live until 80 or 90 years old if you learn now what foods you and your family should consume. Cancer, obesity, heart disease, and allergies are on the rise today. You have to start questioning why is this happening? Why is everyone around us dying from these diseases before they even reach retirement age? Why are there so many children in the US being diagnosed with cancer, food allergies and skin allergies. Do you think the CEOs of these Corporations are feeding their children GMO foods? It’s time to start learning, connecting the dots, and make some permanent changes once and for all.
- GMOs have been invading our farms since the early 1990’s. That’s only 26 years ago. Before GMOs were introduced, our chickens, cows, plants and fruits were being grown by conventional methods. That means that our elders have only been exposed to GMOs for 26 years, therefore, we can’t determine that our life spans will be the same as theirs.
- Your children’s health is VERY important and deserves your time. If you want your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren to live long and healthy lives, you need to learn now so that you can educate them and pass down the knowledge to other generations.
- Although many of us experience financial hardships, I think eating healthy is very possible for a low income family. Farmers Markets in the USA are accepting food stamps and EBT cards nowadays. If you aren’t receiving government assistance and live paycheck to paycheck, you can still avoid the GMO foods in the supermarket by simply choosing other brands than the ones you are buying. It’s a matter of replacing what you’re currently buying with other brands and eliminating the junk food, cereals, and sugary snacks. This is very possible if you commit to budgeting and choosing the right brands on your next trip to the supermarket.
- If you don’t have time, MAKE THE TIME! Your family’s health should be a priority over anything else because what you feed them will affect every aspect of their life.
Let’s wake up MOMS! We need to do better for our children. We need to educate ourselves so we know what foods to cook for them. Learning about GMOs can save your life and your children’s lives! If your children’s health is important to you, you will make the time to read these articles and watch the documentary to educate yourself.
Ban GMO foods and buy organic produce!
The brands listed on the above picture all sell foods that have GMO. That means that these foods are made with genetically modified seeds that are grown with toxins and chemicals that are linked to cancer, ADHD, heart disease, leaky gut, obesity and many other diseases. There’s studies to prove that.
I used to buy my family these foods from probably every brand on this list until I realized our family was borderline diabetic, obese and sick with all types of allergies. I switched our diet to a vegetarian and plant based diet in January 2016 (see picture below of the foods I used to buy prior to 2016 and what foods I buy now). We no longer suffer from any kind of allergies and we lost 60 lbs combined. We aren’t borderline diabetic anymore. My son is healthier than ever. It’s been 9 months since we have been following this new healthy lifestyle and my son hasn’t gotten sick once.
Anyone can make these changes if you are committed to living a healthy lifestyle, not just for you, but for your kids, your grandkids, and your great grandkids.
Take small steps to start living a healthy lifestyle. If I can do it, so can you!
Start making changes today! I have plenty of tips and recipes on my blog to get you started. Thanks for reading my post. I hope you found it helpful. Share it with other moms who need to learn about GMOs.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Get healthy recipes and tips straight to your inbox! Now is the time to get you and and your family on the healthy path. Our newsletter will motivate you to take action today!